Xi’an City ” One Belt One Road ” International Students Scholarship
◆A global university, founded in 1902, accepting international students since 1965
◆Located at the starting point of the ancient Silk Road—Xi’an, Shaanxi Province
◆Chinese National “Double First Class” Initiative University
◆Chinese National “211 Project” University
◆Top 50 in mainland China
◆89 undergraduate programs, 189 master programs, 109 doctoral programs
◆Geology, Chemistry, Material Science and Engineering rank top 1% in ESI Data Base
◆Accepting international students since 1965, nurtured more than 10,000 international students from over 50 countries and regions
◆Praised as “the Mother of Chinese Petroleum Engineering” “the Cradle of Economists ” and “the Cradle of Writers”
Application Fee: No
I．Application Deadline: June 30, 2020
II. Supporting Categories
- Non-degree Long-term Chinese language program
- Bachelor Programs
- Master Programs
- Doctoral Programs
III. Application Eligibility:
1. Be a citizen of a country from “One Belt One Road Initiative”, and be in good health;
2.Degree and Age:
1) Non-Degree long-term Chinese language Program and Undergraduate Program Applicants should have at least senior-high diploma, and age below 25.
2) Master Program Applicants should have bachelor degree or above, age below 35.
3) Doctoral Program Applicants should have master degree or above, age below 40.
3. Prerequisite Language Requirements:
1) Applicants for Chinese bachelor degree programs should have HSK 4 certificate; For English bachelor degree programs should have TOEFL 50 or IELTS 5 Certificate.
2) Applicants for Chinese master and doctoral degree programs should have HSK 5 Certificate.
3) Applicants for English doctoral degree programs should have at least TOEFL 60 or IELTS 5.5 exam report.
Note: Native speakers are excluded with English Proficiency requirements.
4.Preference given to applicants who have not previously received a scholarship. If granted with this scholarship, all others must be forfeited.
IV. Scholarship Coverage (RMB/YEAR)
1.Non Degree Chinese language students (One Academic Year Only):10000 RMB
2. Bachelor Students: 15000 RMB/Year
3. Master Students: 20000 RMB/Year
4. Doctoral Students: 25000 RMB/Year
V. Application Documents
1. Fill in Online Application Form/Portal.
2. Copy of Passport Photo page.
3. Notarized highest diploma (Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date).
4. Academic transcripts.
5. Notarized Non-criminal Record.
(Mother language and notarized Chinese translations, please contact to email@example.com for more information).
6. The copy of valid HSK or IELTS/TOEFL Certificate.
7. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy, written in English, Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.).
8. Two recommendation letters in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
9. A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English with a minimum of 800 words
10. Contact a supervisor of NWU for the acceptance letter(Students hold acceptance letter will be highly preferred)
11. The relative invention patents or published academic papers
|Non-Degree Chinese Language Program||1-5|
Note: Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations. Applicants should submit TWO sets of bound documents to NWU. No application documents will be returned.
VI. Application Procedure
1. Complete online application at http://nwu.17gz.org, print and sign the Application Form for Foreign Students to NWU
2. Please email all paper documents to firstname.lastname@example.org .
3. After internal review and evaluation, NWU will confirm with the short listed students for final approval.
4. NWU will send Admission Letters and JW202 Forms for the final confirmed scholarship candidates.
Note: Please provide valid mailing address, email address, and Phone No.
There is no application fee for ALL Northwest University Scholarship Programs.
Students can directly send all application documents to NWU.